[thelist] A little help with gifs

Brad Miller brad at beldamar.com
Fri Sep 7 18:35:22 CDT 2001

Hi everyone,
I am working on a design for a site and I am trying to make a transparent
gif with some text in it.
Every time I save the file in gif format it makes the edges of all the text
really, really, really jagged.
I am using PS6 and the resolution of the psd is at 300, and the image is
about 500x150 my font size is set at 12.

I tried using a different font and I tried changing the color and size of
the text as well.
I played with every setting in the gif save feature and I just can't get rid
of the jagged edges.

Can anyone help out here?
I don't know what I am doing wrong.
I have made images like this a million times before without this problem.

Here is the image:
http://www.beldamar.com/maintitle_test.gif

Thanks,
Brad Miller