[thelist] External javascript files and caching

Mark Gregor mark at velir.com
Sun Sep 9 17:31:49 CDT 2001

Hi,

We've built a site that uses a large amount of DHTML.  The code is
relatively complex and with all the work arounds to make things
compatible with the various browsers, our pages are becoming pretty
large, simply because of all the DHTML code.

Currently, the code is placed directly in the page.  If we put the code
in external .js files, will the browser cache the file or download it on
each subsequent visit to a new page that contains the .js reference?

Thanks much!

Mark