[thelist] CF: Determining which DB used.

Frank framar at interlog.com
Wed Sep 12 10:29:58 CDT 2001

>  Well, remember that CF uses a datasource to tell what DB
>  to hit. If you move from SQL Server to MySQL and keep
>  the same datasource name, you don't have to change
>  anything! (Major caveat to follow.) Another option -
>  keep the DSN as an application variable:

Thanks, that's already the case. What I was hoping to accomplish was
to reduce on step on the installation of my apps.

The specific case that Access uses 'Yes' and 'No' for booleans,
whereas MySQL uses '1' and '0'. I was hoping that I could have the
app automatically detect it.

Looks like I'll have to declare something like Application.DBType or
Request.DBType as a global, and include a small chunk of code that
will return the appropriate syntax for my queries, inserts and
updates.
--

Some are born great. Some achieve greatness.
Both are excellent contacts to keep in your Rolodex.

Frank Marion                      Framar Studios
frank at framarstudios.com           http://www.framarstudios.com