[thelist] CF: No IsDefined()?

Joshua Olson joshua at alphashop.net
Thu Sep 13 16:41:19 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Warden, Matt" <mwarden at mattwarden.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] CF: No IsDefined()?

: >If you use graphical buttons, use this logic:
: >
: ><cfif StructKeyExists(form, "*****.x")>
: >  ... whatever
: ></cfif>
: >
: >Where the ***** is the "value" of the image submit.
:
: I'm no CF guy here, but I believe you meant that ***** is the "name" of
: the submit image, not the value.

Yeah, you are right.  I just got into the mode of saying "value" because of
the first example.  Thanx for clarifying that.

: For those who might not know, when an submit image with name "foo" is
: clicked, two variables are sent with teh POST data:
:
: foo.x = something
: foo.y = something
:
: where "something" is the respective (x,y) coordinate where the pointing
: device was clicked. I can't say I know what happens when the keyboard only
: is used to submit a form by way of the submit image (anyone know?).

When you tab over to the image and press space or enter, the x and y are
submitted, though both are -1.  AND, if you press enter on a text field, the
first image submit button is sent with the post just as if you tabbed to it
and pressed space.

-joshua