[thelist] PHP and POST

Simon Coggins ppxsjc1 at unix.ccc.nottingham.ac.uk
Fri Sep 14 03:37:59 CDT 2001

> I meant to say: "Is there a way to pass variables to PHP without using
> an <a href> tag, but without using a querystring OR a <form>?"

I think you could probably do this using session variables. Set a session
variable on the first page with the incremented value, then just provide a
normal link to the second page, where you should be able to recover the
session variable and alter the counter, giving it the new value. This
should work even if the user refreshes either page.

http://www.php.net/manual/en/ref.session.php

HTH,

Simon