[thelist] Dynamic sites and search engines

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns skaiser1 at skdesigns.com
Fri Sep 14 15:14:15 CDT 2001

At 07:46 AM 09/14/2001, you wrote:
> > If you're using Apache, use the mod rewrite to rewrite
> > dynamiclly generated URLs. Check Apache documentation
> > at http://www.apache.org/
>
>The info I'm looking for also, is how to actually build the architecture of
>a dynamic site properly from the get-go to make it search engine friendly.
>Making the URLs friendly is good, but I want a good backbone behind it all
>as well. I'm feeling this sudden need to do things right, I guess.
>
>BH

I wrote a fairly thorough article for Digital Web about building a search
engine friendly site, which includes a section on dynamic sites with
resource links. In addition to what others have sent already, perhaps this
will be of some assistance, too. It's gotten lots of favorable feedback:

Designing for Search Engines and Stars
http://www.digital-web.com/tutorials/tutorial_2001-4.shtml

HTH.

Warmly,