[thelist] XML + SQL Server 2000

Jason Whitman jason at bigfatsite.com
Fri Sep 14 21:41:49 CDT 2001

Dear all:

Does anyone have experience loading an XML file into MS SQL Server 2000
tables?  SQL2K is supposed to be XML-friendly, but it doesn't seem that way
to me.  I bought SQL Server 2000 Programming by Wrox, but their examples are
unrealistic, only loading a few lines of XML into SQL Server tables, not
legitimate files with a lot of data.  They simply copy MS documentation,
which is already confusing.

Anyone have experience?  Thoughts on methods for loading large XML files
into SQL2K?  As always, your help is appreciated.  Thanks all,

Jason