[thelist] Site not available? - Update

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Sat Sep 15 16:11:17 CDT 2001

Hi all,
Thanks again for your tests.

I tried it on a win98 machine, and all was ok too, it seems to be my win2000
machine that's not working, like Alastair's.
The win98 I tested before was running in VMWare, under win2000 (not working
either).

Does anyone know of any win2000 settings, like DNS/TCP/IP or network
settings that could cause some sites to load very slowly? (others are very
fast)
I'm using an Alcatel Speed Touch PC ADSL card, connecting through PPP
protocol.
win2000 service-pack2.

One of the sites giving slow connections is this:
http://pwultra5.ci.stpaul.mn.us/
It'll load the test-page sometimes, but if I close the window, and try
again, it times out.

Thanks all, for your help,
Richard.