[thelist] Javascript between sites

Steve Cook steve.cook at evitbe.com
Mon Sep 17 02:24:40 CDT 2001

Hi folks!

I've been working on a problem in Javascript. I am trying to build a little
frameset that allows me to submit a form in one frame from a button in the
other frame. This shouldn't be too hard, using something like:

<a
href="javascript:window.parent.bottom.document.forms[2].submit()">Submit</a>

Where bottom is the name of the other frame and the form is the 3rd form on
the page (it is unnamed).

I'm wondering if the problem is because the lower frame is on another domain
to the top frame? Is that a security issue that the browser has closed off?

Any other possible causes would be appreciated.

.steve

   WapWarp - http://wapwarp.com
 Wap-Dev - http://www.wap-dev.net
 Cookstour - http://cookstour.org