[thelist] Design/JS question

Hassan Schroeder hassan at webtuitive.com
Mon Sep 17 19:27:27 CDT 2001

Scot wrote:

> Problem two:  It was suggested that the navigational links at the top
> and bottom of the page have a mouseover effect.
>
> I've tried using the position:absolute solution, but the links can't
> all be on the same line if I do that. I've had some success with the
> use of CSS on IE and NS6.x/Mozilla, but that leaves out NS4.x.

/* warning: simple but non-compliant hack approaching */

<head>
a:link {
	color: #000000;
	background-color: transparent;
	}
a:hover {
	color: #000000;
	background-color: #cccccc;
	}
#foo {
	background-color: #ffffff;
	}
</head>

<ilayer name="foo" id="foo">
	onMouseover="foo.bgColor='#cccccc';"
	onMouseout="foo.bgColor='#ffffff';"
>foo</a></ilayer>

<!--
Tested: IE 5.5, NS 6.1, NS 4.78 (W2K), NS 4.76, IE 5.0 (Solaris)
  -->

/* end of hack - don't tell the W3C :-) */

HTH!
--
H*
Hassan Schroeder ----------------------------- hassan at webtuitive.com

    -- creating dynamic Web sites and applications since 1994 --