[thelist] another worm?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Tue Sep 18 13:03:12 CDT 2001

Norman Bunn wrote:

> One of my sites is being hammered with something trying to execute
> Windows-type programs via the browser.  Since I capture 404s, I am seeing
> all this activity.  Fortunately, this machine is running Linux, not Windows.
> The attack is coming from multiple domains and is trying what appear to be
> common directories for the Windows executables.

Started this morning - active as hell: Looks like Code Red on steroids.
:-(

http://www.slashdot.org/
http://www.newsbytes.com/news/01/170225.html
http://www.sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@mm.html
http://www.nipc.gov/warnings/advisories/2001/01-021.htm
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.nimda.a@mm.html
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/TechNet/security/bulletin/ms01-020.asp
http://www.cert.org/current/current_activity.html#port80
http://hacktivism.openflows.org/article.pl?sid=01/08/13/1237245&mode=nocomment
http://www.ntbugtraq.com/default.asp?pid=36&sid=1&A2=ind0109&L=ntbugtraq&F=P&S=&P=1747
http://vil.mcafee.com/newVirus.asp

	- Joe
--
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com \\ http://www.avencom.com