[thelist] Apache SSL and Perl save file

Mark Gillingham markgill at uwalumni.com
Wed Sep 19 07:59:30 CDT 2001

I inherited a set of Perl scripts that collects student information and
saves it to a flat text file. I needed to move the scripts to a new
host, but still on Linux. The scripts work in non-SSL calls (http) and
most of the work in SSL too (e.g., https). The part that does not work,
but only in SSL, is appending a text variable to an open file.

My question. Does Linux/Appache SSL have different rules for appending
to a file when SSL is on versus when it is off?