[thelist] Panoramas/3d

Hershel Robinson hershelsr at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 14:30:57 CDT 2001

> I am looking to use if for 1 for scenic purposes, and secondly, for
getting
> 3d views of buildings (internal and external).

For simple still images of landscapes, try terragen, a very powerful and
easy-to-use and free product for Windows at:
http://www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

For buildings, there is a potentially large learning curve, but once you
have learned it, the POV-Ray ray-tracing package (almost for almost any
platform), is a very powerful and free ray-tracer capable of producing near
photo-realistic images of nearly anything!  It's here:
http://www.povray.org/

Hershel