[thelist] site critique please

kristina kristina at kfx-design.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 05:55:35 CDT 2001

Joshua,

 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
: I kinda like the hand-crafted rollover effect you've done with the menu.
 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

 thank you ;o) - i was a bit concerned about the outragous number of
 tables needed to acheive it tho

 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬
: One thing, you might as well use the onclick event of the td to fire the
: anchors since you've already moved the tactile response of the rollover to
: the whole td...

: Something like this:

: onclick="location.href = '[same as anchor]'; return false;"

: Also, you might throw style="hand: cursor" on the td so that it is apparent
: you can click anywhere within the td.  The reason this can work is because
: the borders already don't work in NN (they don't support mouse actions on
: td's) and cursor:hand doesn't work, so no loss there, but enhanced
: functionality in ie.

: Make sense?
 ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬ ¬

 totally makes sense and thanks for the ideas, unfortunately i'm not
 being very succesful in making it work

 if you have the time could you possibly show me exactly how i should
 code the <a href> tag to incorporate the onclick and the style -
 bearing in mind a target will be needed - frame name is gwhMain

 (and if you read my other posts that are replys to other people you
 will see why i can't get away from having frames...) - so
 unfortunately thats not an option

 thanks for your suggestions and comments ;o)

--
tia
 kristina

kristina at kfx-design.co.uk

"When written in Chinese, the word 'crisis' is composed of two characters.
One represents danger, and the other represents opportunity."
-- John F. Kennedy