[thelist] changing form values in Mac IE5

// kerin | airside.co.uk kerin at airside.co.uk
Tue Sep 25 06:39:39 CDT 2001

Hi everyone,

I've got a pretty straightforward bit of javascript which changes the
value of a form field :

function changeIcon(ind){
    if(counter<=0&&ind<0){
       counter = imgArr.length-1;
    }else if(counter==imgArr.length-1&&ind>0){
       counter = 0;
    }
    else{
       counter+=ind;
    }
    document.register.icon.value = (counter+1);

    chngImg();
}

As you can see, it just assigns the value of counter+1 to form
element 'icon'. The form is named register, and is the only one in
the page.

It works absolutely fine in PCIE5+, Netscape 4, Netscape 6, Opera and
Mozilla. It however doesnt work. In Mac IE5. It doesnt give an error
or anything. It just does nothing.

Anybody know why? Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks,

Kerin