[thelist] Specifications

Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM Ron_Senykoff at BEAEROSPACE.COM
Tue Sep 25 12:59:11 CDT 2001

I just recently started working at a company that centralized IT in April.
Before then, there was nobody to say "no" to client requests and the poor
developer who was here kept having to say "OK" to every change in
requirements that happened.  The result was an application that took 1 1/2
years to roll out that could have been done in a month.
The point is that there were no requirements defined up front.  So they
kept changing things as they went along and you end up with this huge,
kludgy mess that nobody will use anyways because it will prove to be a pain
in the butt.
Believe me, I would love to just sit back and code all day.  But if you
don't define requirements, you can never meet their expectations.  And,
_you_ end up taking the blame for a client who can't make up their mind.

-Ron