[thelist] [fwd] site review

Richard Bennett richard.bennett at skynet.be
Tue Sep 25 17:55:35 CDT 2001

Hi,
I'm afraid i didn't like the site at all really.
A few reasons:
Why use Flash for a navigation you could do with rollovers just fine?
Why resize the window so it's too small to view the text?
The banner-add looks like it's done by leaving all Flash's text-animation
settings on "standard"
The banner-add opens a .ppt file, I actually have MS Office (unlike many
people), but never installed Power-Point, so I can't view the "online"
showcase.
What's the date doing at the top of the page?
The bright red and blue on black background hurts the eyes.
The other text looks pixelated and hard to read
The texts seem to have been written by a grammar-impaired  MENSA member.
Most normal people don't understand what you're talking about here:

    If you're relying on traditional instruction and disparate information
sources for your know-how...
    If your perception of data management in analogous to a phone book
listing...
    ...implements information system architectures to accelerate your
organization's performance...
    Applying our expertise in real-time, high bandwidth command and control
systems, we will propel your organization's performance into the
stratosphere!
    The eLearning marketplace rewards those with speed and agility across
the enterprise.

maybe I'm just dumb, but it sounds like a lot of catch-phrases not actually
saying anything.
No, I couldn't see the demo either.

What I did like was the graphic in the left corner, and the design of the
menu. (but why in Flash?)

I'm sorry if this sounds overly negative, it's not meant that way.
At least you didn't try to bribe people with gift vouchers to take a look at
the site.

Cheers,
Richard.

PS why are people saying "+1" all the time? I just got used to people using
"like" in the wrong way, and writing "kewl" and now this! At least write
Or maybe I'm just in a bad mood :o).