[thelist] printing reports from ASP

Matthias Ritzkowski Matt at grndwtr.com
Thu Sep 27 08:53:30 CDT 2001

Hi all!

My environment is as follows, Win2k or NT4, intranet, IE5.
I need a report to be printed while user moves from page to page.
My previous solution was a server side Crystal Report object.
Since the underlying db structure has changed completely, updating the
reports is a pain.
I have whipped up all three reports using ASP pages yesterday, using popup
windows with an "onload print.window()"
That works ok, but I would like to gain control over headers and footers.
Word has it that there is a way including CSS an document.printer.template,
... etc

Anyone out there who knows more about this specific method?
Am I barking up the wrong tree?
What do people use for reporting under the circumstances described above?
TIA

 Regards
Matthias Ritzkowski