[thelist] Mailto settings??

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Sep 27 13:28:57 CDT 2001

Seth Bienek wrote:
> > Is there a way to command the anchor link "(a
> > href="mailto:webmaster at site.com")Email Us(/a)" to have just "Webmaster"
> > showing in the To: field of any email program instead of having
> > webmaster at site.com showing in the To field?

> Will work for some (most?) email clients..

I don't know about support for that -- but if you want <>'s in there
you'll need to escape / url encode them, just as you have to escape the
space as %20:

The result would be:
mailto:Webmaster%20%3Cwebmaster at site.com%3E

Fun, cheap way to get the urlencoded equivalents of characters is to use
JavaScript:

Type this into your url/address bar:
javascript:alert(escape('<'));
javascript:alert(escape('>'));

HTH, (and HT works!)
	Joe <http://artlung.com/>
--
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com \\ http://www.avencom.com