[thelist] MS Access to SQL Server: METAFILE Images

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu Sep 27 13:51:22 CDT 2001

James Aylard wrote:
> > Basically, you just need to set the content-type so that the browser knows
> > you're sending binary data and not just a string of characters. Check out:
>
>     Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I did attempt to set the
> ContentType, only to later discover that the content type is, apparently, an
> OLE vector file, not a bmp, gif, or jpeg. Afaik, IE won't display OLE vector
> files natively -- and I have no idea what the ContentType is for such a
> file, if there is one. The key, as Rory suggested, appears to be the ActiveX
> picture control used by Access. I'm still researching that prospect.
>     Thanks again.

My suggestion:
	do a response.write of the thing,
	save it as foo
	see if by testing some extensions you get something more out of it.

Alternately:
	if it really is not a /file/ but rather some kind of random data object
- and if it is a vector file - maybe you can transmute it to a WMF -
which would be a native file of some kind.

Those are my thoughts,

	Joe <http://artlung.com/>
--
...................  Joe Crawford \\ Web Design & Development
.....  mailto:jcrawford at avencom.com \\ http://www.avencom.com