[thelist] SQL/MS Access Help needed-making up for bad database design

Janet Nabring-Stager jnabring at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 27 14:39:37 CDT 2001

Hi all-
Would love to get input from any SQL/MS Access gurus out there on the
following.  My disclaimer is that the database 'design,' if you want
to call it that, cannot be fixed (which it needs-yes I'm bitter about
this one).
Have a Date/Time data type field in an Access table.  This field is
used to populate a drop down box on a ASP page.  No matter what
Format the field is set to, it appears in a 'mm/dd/yyyy' format in
the drop down box on the ASP page.
The librarian wants this drop down box to read as text, such as
"January 25, 1902," yet still wants the box to sort the date is
ascending order.
I've been messing around with queries, to no avail (SQL is NOT my
strong point, to say the least).  Is this even possible?  Any ideas
are greatly appreciated!
TIA-

=====
Janet Nabring-Stager