[thelist] javascript question

Richard Bennett mail at richardinfo.com
Thu Sep 27 15:45:28 CDT 2001

Hi,
In the code of the popup window, you would change this:

   function fetch(location) {
    var root;
    if (opener.closed) {

root=window.open('location','parent','toolbar=yes,location=yes,status=yes,me
nubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no');
     root.location.href = location;
    } else {
     opener.location.href = location;
      }

to this:

   function fetch(location) {

root=window.open('location','parent','toolbar=yes,location=yes,status=yes,me
nubar=yes,scrollbars=yes,resizable=yes,copyhistory=no');
     root.location.href = location;
   }

Mind for line-wraps, there are two lines inside the function.

One thing though, is this login procedure safe enough? As the password is
used as the file-name, you rely on people not knowing, or finding the
file-name.
If you're hosting on Apache, you can simply drop a .htaccess and .htpasswd
file in the customer's directory, and you have ready-made secure
authentication.
Just an idea.

Richard.
www.richardinfo.com