[thelist] CSS: vertical alignment of list-style-image

Bill Mason data at data1701d.com
Fri Sep 28 10:07:18 CDT 2001

Is there something can I cannot figure out regarding the vertical placement
of list-style-images?

On a current project I'm doing, the same CSS renders my bullet-image
aligned with the top, middle, or bottom of the bullet point's text
depending on what browser I'm viewing in.

Our development server is on a closed system so I don't have a URL to show
off, but the relevant CSS looks like this:

LI {
   line-height : 13px;
   margin : 3px 0 3px 0;
   padding : 0;
}

UL {
   list-style : square url(/medical/powerful_patient/int/bullet.gif);
   margin : 0 0 0 20px;
   padding : 0;
}

The bullet image itself is a 4px by 4px square.

Any thoughts are much appreciated.

Bill Mason
data at data1701d.com
http://profile.guru.com/billmason