[thelist] going solo?

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Fri Sep 28 14:06:35 CDT 2001

Absolutely.  And in the same vein, a general rule of thumb is to an employer
you're 20% more expensive than you get on your pay cheque.  It's like that
in Canada anyway from what I've seen.  So, say for example you make
$40,000/year gross:

To an employer you're actually sucking about $48,000 from their bank
account.

The flip side to that is if they didn't have to chip in you could probably
ask for more. :-)

Anyway.  The 2:1 ratio is what I've set for myself as well.  Between the
government and no benefits, the bank account tends to stay pretty low...

... Which is why I'm still employed full time. :-}

Anyway.  Just my .02 - I owe a tip for this.

Chris.