[thelist] textarea limitations

Adrian Fischer adrian at aussiebidder.com
Sun Sep 30 22:56:03 CDT 2001

Ahh...you've caught me out.  I know very little about how to do that.  The
maxlength thing I've sussed out and works fine.  Stops them from inputting
more than xx characters.  But if within that xx characters they hit enter a
dozen times it throws my formatting out.  I want to limit them to just 6
lines of text, regardless of how many of the xx characters they have used. I
guess that needs to include line wraps for those that just keep typing and
don't put in new lines.

Not an easy task for a JS quamby.

Some hints or redirection wouldn't go astray.

Adrian Fischer
AussieBidder