[thelist] html load time

Jeana Clark jmclark at multiservice.com
Mon Oct 1 09:14:38 CDT 2001

I'm in the process of doing some reasearch (and convincing) of ways we can
optimize our messy html so it will download faster (whether it be perceived
or actual).. and I stumbled across this at the HTML Writers Guild:
http://www.hwg.org/opcenter/newsletters/tips/aug00a.html

But I wonder about one persons comment:
"Have all images load from the same directory."

Does this really affect download time?  Usually when I design a site, I will
put appropriate graphics in appropriate subfolders.. but have the images
that are repeated throughout the site in the same folder at the root of the
site...

Just wondering if anyone has the heads up on this.

Thanks,
Jeana