[thelist] Close browser

aardvark roselli at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 1 09:39:52 CDT 2001

> From: Elizabeth Hincks <liz.hincks at tufts.edu>
[...]
>     Client just asked me to put in a button to quit the browser...IE
>     4.0 as
> a matter a fact at the end of  an interactive program I created for
> them. Quit the browser...
>
> Is this even possible?

you can't close a browser window with scripting that you didn't
open (usually via scripting)...  if you try, it should either prompt you
that 'an application is trying to close this window,' which looks bad,
or it could do nothing...

some of the JS folks here can offer ways to handle it that are more
graceful, but i'd suggest that it might be a bad idea...

is this a public web site?  an internal app?  what?