[thelist] html load time

the head lemur headlemur at clearskymail.com
Mon Oct 1 09:40:43 CDT 2001

> But I wonder about one persons comment:
> "Have all images load from the same directory."
>
> Does this really affect download time?

In personal tests Yes.
In personal development it is the only way to go IMHO on small sites.
It also affects ease in coding when you need an image on smaller sites.

toss them all in the same directory not only makes it easier but can also
give you a good indication of weight and space utilization on sites hosted
by others.

In the case where you are branding,(logo, navigation indicators{arrows, you
are here toys} the browser is caching these which decreases roundtrip times
for new page code.

the head lemur
Web Standards
http://www.webstandards.org