[thelist] Internet Explorer Question

Ron Klegman rklegman at mediaone.net
Mon Oct 1 12:14:53 CDT 2001

Hi Everyone,
    Here's the situation. I have MSIE5.5 installed on my PC. I then started
to have problems with it so I upgraded to IE6 . I had even more problems
(for those wondering what problems I'm referring to.. the display of
graphics) with it. These problems began after I installed that patch which
Microsoft stated was necessary for protection from websites with the Nimda
virus. I am running Windows 98SE.. my Dad runs WindowsME .. I gave him the
same patch yet he has no problems. I tried to uninstall MSIE6 and go back to
5.5.. this is causing problems so I am wondering.. is it possible to totally
uninstall MSIE5.5 as well and reinstall full browser and do all this keeping
your book marks intact? When I tried to reinstall 5.5 there were certain
components that wouldn't let me .. kept getting the message "a newer version
has been installed" and I fear the only true way to put my system back to
normal is to rid my system of all MS browswers and install from scratch.

Ron Klegman
God Bless America