[thelist] Image Problem

Burhan Khalid burhankh at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 1 13:27:02 CDT 2001

Hey there fellow evolters :

  I'm a hand coder of websites (yay!) -- but I have run into a curious
problem. It involves screenshots. (I'm sure there is an easy way to do
this).

  While creating a portfolio of my sites, I thought -- hey -- it would be
nice if I had screen shots to show the sites that I have done, worked on,
helped with, etc.

  So, I sat on my trusty computer and hit Print Scrn -- saved the file, but
when I try to scale it (ie. thumbnail) -- it comes out distorted. Also, the
size of the file is astronomical. Any ideas? Perhaps there is a program
suited for this task.

<tip author="Burhan Khalid">

If you don't feel like making Billy richer -- do what I did,
use a free OS. My latest venture into the free OS realm led me
to www.qnx.com. Download their RTP (real time platform). It installed
flawlessly on my guinea pig machine (on top of Windows 98). It
is also available in ISO format (for direct CD burns). Anyways,
it detected all my hardware (for reference, my test machine is a
Gateway E-3400) and had a beautiful interface. Although the programs
may be lacking, I use it to check email (its got a Linux/Unix backend)
so its great for testing Perl scripts, IMHO.

Just my $0.02

</tip>

Regards,
Burhan Khalid
P : members.evolt.org/burhankhalid
W : www.swosucomputerclub.f2s.com
E : burhankh at hotmail.com, burhankh at bigfoot.com
mushkil hai zabas kalaam mera ai dil
sun sun ke ise suKhan_varaa.N-e-kaamil
aasaan kahane kii karate hai.n faramaaish
goim mushkil vagaranaa goim mushkil

Too hard to grasp is my verse, O heart!
Hearing it, the connoisseurs of art
For a simpler style do ask
Difficult, if I write, difficult, if I do not