[thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

nate nate at vicksburgcollective.com
Mon Oct 1 19:49:30 CDT 2001

+1, isaac.

i literally keep a clause in my contracts that forbids my files from being
opened with a WYSIWYG. As Bill.H said, "I recently had the pleasure of
removing, by hand, over 300 redundant font tags created by someone using
Dreamweaver Ultradev." I sufferend thru that one too many times, but since i
put the clause in my contracts (and production specification, documentation,
etc), i haven't had to remove a single <font> tag. phew.

<tip type="CSS and Flexible Font Sizing" author="nate koechley" credit="a
list apart">
Using CSS, but becoming fed up with the fact that px font sizes aren't
user-adjustable? well, try using keyword font-size-declarations, in
conjunction with the @import tag. this article explains it better than i
can: http://www.alistapart.com/stories/sizematters/
</tip>

cheers
na.tek

re:
> with a text editor (TextPad, actually.) He's under the impression
> the 'real professionals' don't do anything by hand, or at least, not much.

I consider myself a "real professional", and I code everything by hand. I
don't think I've used a WYSIWYG in 2+ years.
isaac.