[thelist] WYSIWYG x-browser design - is it a reality?

isaac isaac at members.evolt.org
Tue Oct 2 01:24:51 CDT 2001

> So is Homesite considered a WYSIWYG?
> Or is it just the design part of Homesite that is a considered a WYSIWYG?
> What separates WYSIWYG from editor?

I'd classify you as a hand-coder.

I use the text-editing mode of CFStudio -- dragging images in, appreciating
the colour-coding, etc. But I hand-code all other tags, tables, etc. I've
never tried HS/CFS WYSIWYG so I have NFI regarding its capabilities or even
existence. :P

I think that anyone using absolutely raw notepad is unnecessarily torturing
themselves. Besides using fewer system resources, I fail to see the
advantage. I'd assume that there are many small, freeware text editors out
there that still assist with colour-coding, and whatever else, without
sacrificing speed, code clarity, etc.

isaac

(08)83320545 | www.triplezero.com.au | isaac at triplezero.com.au