Associate schemes (was Re: [thelist] Re: [thechat] ASP vs. ASP.Net - Anyone made the move?)

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com
Tue Oct 2 09:36:38 CDT 2001

Memo from Martin P Burns of PricewaterhouseCoopers

-------------------- Start of message text --------------------

Some, not a great deal. I think I got about UK£50 last quarter.

But it depends on what your reputation and visitor number are. If you're
Jakob Nielsen,
you'll get a lot because you'll get lots of potential book buyers visiting
your site.

But if no-one visits your site, then you'll never get any referals.

Of course, one way to do it is to pass out an Associates version of your
wishlist in the runup to Christmas or your birthday - this isn't Bad btw,
they
actively encourage Associates to do it.

That way, you get the present *and* some cash. Which is nice.

To do this, you send out your wishlist link like this:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=$ASSOCIATES_ID&path=wishlist/$WISHLIST_ID

So mine is
<http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/redirect?tag=martin043&path=wishlist/1O9SLE1KC936O>

Cheers