[thelist] windows status text change on mouse over?

Mark Groen mg at markgroen.com
Thu Oct 4 20:06:00 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Bennett" <mail at richardinfo.com>
Subject: Re: [thelist] windows status text change on mouse over?

> Hi,
> I don't know what you're doing wrong, but this should work ok:
>
>  <area href="http://www.yahoo.com"
onMouseOver="window.status='hello';"
> area shape="rect" coords="35,107,156,132">
>
> Cheers,
> Richard.

Thanks Richard, but Philippe had the answer for Eric and myself. The
problem with that solution was that it makes the cursor not change from
a pointer to a hand as you would expect. Also, the "box" that appears
when you click on the link would not show up. Major problems for
usability. The answer from Philippe worked like a charm, simply make the
status part of a very short timeout as shown below. Works like a charm.

function changeStatus( txt ) {
setTimeout('window.status="'+txt+'"',1)
 }
--></script>
</head>

<map name="octagon">
<area shape="rect" coords="101,2,157,49" href="nutri.htm"
target="mainwin" alt="" onMouseOver="changeStatus('Nutrition')"
onMouseOut="changeStatus('')">

MG Web Services
Web Site Hosting and Development
www.markgroen.com