[thelist] ASP/VBS attributes difficulty

Mike Carlson domitianx at domitianx.com
Fri Oct 5 20:37:53 CDT 2001

Are you doing any Server.HTMLEncode or Server.URLEncode on that string?

Can we see a bit of a code sample for that part?

************************
Mike Carlson
http://www.domitianx.com
domitianx at domitianx.com

Thought Of The Moment:

"My software never has bugs. It just develops random features."
************************

http://www.4security.org/store/(Empty Reference!)

by way of a file at the same level named

xt_orderform_additem.asp

instead of

http://www.4security.org/shopper_new.asp

It's pretty simple; it works in IE and Netscape 6; it throws an error in
Netscape 4.

Having looked at the source for all of the abovementioned files
(including the HTML of '(Empty Reference!)') I cannot imagine what would
be causing this problem.

The closest I have to a hypothesis is that Netscape 4 is somehow choking
on the escaped characters on the QUERY_STRING, but of course I cannot
test it because among other things the hosting ISP has played Musical
Chairs with the containing folder of the e-commerce area and the closest
analogue I can find (the one from which I've been reading source) does
not appear to be holding the live files.

Any help would be immensely appreciated, as I am looking at losing two
weeks' worth of income if not my job.  [I have all sorts of wonderful
things to say about my employer.  *grin*]

Please send replies offlist, as I am on digest.

TIA
--
Ben Henick
Web Author At-Large              Managing Editor
persist1 at io.com                  bmh at digital-web.com
--
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, Pinky?"
"I think so, Brain, but... (snort) no, no, it's too stupid." "We will