[thelist] Fed Up!

webmaster at menouno.com webmaster at menouno.com
Mon Oct 8 01:52:51 CDT 2001

On 7 Oct 2001, at 23:30, Raymond Camden wrote about RE: [thelist] Fed Up!:

> I would pay top dollar if someone would tell me how to
> get Outlook to auto dump the Chinese(I think it's Chinese, who knows)
> spam I get. Why can't Outlook simply sniff the character set and dump
> if it's not normal ASCII.

OK, send the dollars   ;-)

just dump Outcrook and switch to Pegasus Mail
(http://www.pmail.com/).
This free and powerful program has a very effective filtering system.

Going to this thread I was surprised to find people begging for
things I do every day.

In your case, PMail can check the headers for and unwanted charset
and move the message to the garbage (or to a spam folder if you
prefer) without letting the message show up in your inbox. You can
also filter by domain, sender, subject (all those !!!!!!!!!!) and so
on.

PMail can also do selective download - perfect to stop big, unwanted
attachments (and some of the recent worms): it shows you a list of
messages from your mailbox, lets you check the headers if you want
and then select messages to be deleted without downloading them.

And - as a bonus - PMail is not vulnerable to the dozens of OE-loving
worms.....

ciao

Massimo