[thelist] PDF validation routines

Kim Bonfils mail at bonfils.com
Mon Oct 8 06:20:56 CDT 2001

Hi

I have a few annoing newbie questions about the validation routines in
Adobe Acrobat (I'm using the 4.0 version):

The validation only seems to be triggered by change in a field. Is it
impossible to check when the user moves to field B whether field A has been
filled in at all? (I know you can check it on submit after filling out the
entire form, but our client would like the error messages to be generated
along the way - and that makes sense to me, too)

Is there any onPrint-like event? That is: Can an event (eg. a form
submission) be triggered by the user printing out the document? I presume
the opposite is possible: To force a print on submit...

How would you go about creating a comma-separated file from the fields in
the form and mail it to a specified address or submit it to a specified
url? To be more specific: Is it possible to  create a string variable that
can be exported as a file from the document? And can you use escape
characters such as tabs?

Like I said, utter newbie questions, sorry, but I'm a bit pressed for time
here, and any help will be greatly appreciated.

I mean, greatly!

Kim Bonfils
http://kim.bonfils.com