[thelist] CSS? Is It?` (fwd)

Sam-I-Am sam at sam-i-am.com
Tue Oct 9 09:56:23 CDT 2001

> Its been a long day and I really can NOT think right.
> I'm trying to make form fields nce and un 3d!
> as in no border, specific font etc.

you can do something like this in your stylesheet:

input { border: solid 1px black }

to give you a thin black line around you input fields, instead of the
inset look.
But its a rocky road. Select boxes do not respond to the same treatment
(in fact don't expose anything(?) css2 at all). Same issue with
textarea. Also you'll have issues with checkboxes.. the border in this
case is not the same as the inset box you see.. it draws an additional
line around the control. And just forget input type="file"
Mileage will vary between browsers, but for consistencies sake, if you
plan on using anything but text boxes, I would steer clear.

Sam