[thelist] ColdFusion and Javascript

Raymond Camden jedimaster at macromedia.com
Tue Oct 9 10:23:58 CDT 2001

> I'm trying to add a javascript menu system to a cold fusion
> site.  When I view the page containing the links and
> javascript by itself, it works fine.
>
> If I include the files inside another page, they stop
> working.  As a test, I stripped all content out of the
> "outer" page, so it only contained HEAD, TITLE, and BODY
> tags.  The include still doesn't work.

What do you mean? Do you get CF errors? Do you get JS errors? Do you get
no errors but not the expected results?

> My outer page, menu page, and scripts are all in the same directory.
>
> It appears to be an issue with CF.  We're using CF5 server.

I noticed in the code below...

> HM_PG_FontColorOver = "#63639C";
> HM_PG_BGColor = "#63639C";
> HM_PG_BGColorOver = "#CECEFF";

These items need to be escaped. If you have CFOUTPUTs around the
CFINCLUDE, or inside of it, CF will 'trip' on the # sign. You will need
to change it to ##.

Raymond Camden, Principal Spectra Compliance Engineer for Macromedia

Email    : jedimaster at macromedia.com
Yahoo IM : morpheus