[thelist] Site observation please

Bob Boisvert webdad at tampabay.rr.com
Tue Oct 9 11:10:59 CDT 2001

Thank you all very much,

I do plan on changing the text graphic to text, this was to get each version
out a little quicker.

I not sure if I'm going to make the button text smaller but I may take a
word or two off of the larger descriptive ones. The reason I would prefer to
leave the text on the button the same size it is now is because as it is now
the church has a 60 - 80 year age group and thought the larger text would
help them but still look good.

I tried advising against a splash page for exactly the reasons
mentioned...irritating, lack of content basically a design no no, and the
same with the page just for a menu. The one thing I am going to change is
the Pastor's message, this probably doesn't really belong on the home page
but it's just there to fill a void so to speak until we decide on which
version to go with.

I'm not sure which way it's going to go, the coordinator is favoring the 1st
site. he is also in or around the age group of the congregation

Thanks you very much for your observations, I'll be putting them to good use
if I can do this the way I'm suggesting it should be done.

Bob