[thelist] I hate Fireworks

Chris George chrisg at gsnet.com
Tue Oct 9 15:21:22 CDT 2001

Janet,

Do you have a manual to look through?  If (for whatever reason) you don't,
then at least go through the tutorial that comes with the install.

But, to answer your question: In respect to how each program handles the
exporting of Web graphics - no, in my opinion there isn't much difference.
I haven't used PSP for a few versions, but the way Fireworks handles
exporting images for web use is pretty standard.  I suppose if you're
splitting hairs one could say it's closer to PhotoShop than PSP.

The PNG's you speak of are much more like PSD's (PhotoShop files) than
something like Gif or Jpg.  There's a lot of Fireworks-specific information
in them.  So think of the PNG as a working file, not a final export file.

To point you in the right direction: open up the Fireworks HELP and type in:

Export

HTH,

Chris.

on 10/9/2001 2:11 PM, Green, Janet at JGreen at DesMoinesMetro.com wrote:

> <kicking and screaming>
[snip]