[thelist] CSS? Is It?` (fwd)

Jon Haworth jhaworth at witanjardine.co.uk
Tue Oct 9 15:33:15 CDT 2001

> > Its been a long day and I really can NOT think right.
> > I'm trying to make form fields nce and un 3d!
> > as in no border, specific font etc.
> >

> Here are some form elements;
>
> /* Form Elements */
>
>  INPUT {border:1px #50555A solid; background:#FFFFFF; font:10px Verdana,
> Arial, san-serif; color:#50555A}
>  TEXTAREA {border:1px #50555A solid; background:#FFFFFF; font:10px
Verdana,
> Arial, san-serif; color:#50555A}
>
>  SELECT {border:1px #50555A solid; background:#FFFFFF; font:10px Verdana,
> Arial, san-serif; color:#50555A}
>  .button {background:#FF6600; color:#FFFFFF; border:1px #CC9933 solid;
> background-image:url(/images/background/buttonBg.gif);}
>  .noborder {border:0px}
>  FORM {display:inline}

Our mail swerver is doing something funny so this will probably arrive on
thelist next Christmas, but I'll try anyway.

You can save some bytes here by doing
INPUT, TEXTAREA, SELECT { border:1px #50555A solid; ..... }

No need to repeat yourself.

Cheers
Jon

'The information included in this Email is of a confidential nature and is
intended only for the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee,
any disclosure, copying or distribution by you is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Disclosure to any party other than the addressee, whether
inadvertent or otherwise is not intended to waive privilege or confidentiality'