[thelist] Award Winning Site???

jay.blanchard at thermon.com jay.blanchard at thermon.com
Wed Oct 10 07:13:17 CDT 2001

 >How on earth are such awards judged? Surely not by the standards that web
 >designers on this list would use?

I was just thinking about this the other day as well Richard. What
constitutes an award winning web site?

Does it depend on the audience? (A B2B web site has different criteria than
an entertainment site)
Does it depend on technology? (This site created with cutting edge
JavaPERLVector.Net# Beta1.08  with some Flash thrown in.)
Are there required elements? (Similar to figure skating and gymnastics, but
without the injuries.)
Are there things that never should be done? (And is JAVA one of them?)
There are 10's of more questions that could be asked here. And I would be
curious to see the what kind of criteria list Evolters could come up with
because I would like to build what could be considered to be an award
winning web site....wouldn't we all?

Thanks!

Jay Blanchard
Web Development Manager
Thermon Manufacturing Company
1.800.820.HEAT x327

<tip>Use MM UltraDev Server Behaviors to create your initial connection to
a database and then make modifications from there. Also, designate a single
connections folder for DB connections where you use more than one DSN...it
makes for quick location and troubleshooting should the need arise. Now if
I could just figure out how to keep UltraDev from creating a Notes folder
in every sub folder of the site.....</tip>