[thelist] Redefine body tag - not working? - fixed...

James Aylard webmaster at equilon-mrc.com
Wed Oct 10 18:18:58 CDT 2001

Chris,

> It's incredibly strange - I decided to use the single-line comment 'cause
2
> resources I had found said that you could use either/or.

    Well, consider those sources unreliable, then. Some browsers *may*
render your CSS anyway, but most likely using the double-slash delimiter
will cause you unneeded frustration (as you have found). If in doubt, always
refer to the W3C CSS specs to determine whether or not something is legal
[1]. Increasingly, as browser-makers attempt to make their products more
standards-compliant, improper syntax will sink you -- and most browsers
aren't half as forgiving with improper CSS syntax as they are with improper
HTML syntax to begin with.

James Aylard

1. http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/syndata.html#comments