[thelist] domain name transfer

Mike Stevens mstevens at members.evolt.org
Thu Oct 11 16:28:40 CDT 2001

Richard,

If I remember correctly, you don't HAVE to have a password to make changes
at Network Solutions...it depends on the authentication method you selected
when you registered the domain.  If your authentication method is crypt-pw
then you chose a password when you registered the domain.  If you chose
mail-from as your authentication method then you will need to do the changes
through email conformations using the email address you registered with.

If all else fails, and you can prove you are the person that owns the
domain, call Network Solutions at 1-877-699-3243 and tell them the problem.
They'll have you fax them some documents to prove your identity and you'll
be all set.

I had a similar problem about a year ago.  I no longer had access to the
email account I registered with.  I called them up and they helped me out
right away.

Hope it helps.

Mike