[thelist] HTML displayed on page with Netscape

Bill Haenel bill at webmarketingworx.com
Fri Oct 12 08:59:15 CDT 2001

Thanks so much to both of you for replying so quickly.

type:

So that seems not to be the problem.

More info: it's happening on all pages in the site with an html extension,
and not on our .php pages. It's happening in Netscape 4.x only. It's not
happening when we download the same pages to our local dev web servers and
load them from there, or when loaded from a drive location.

>From our live web server only, in NN4.x only, on .html pages only, the
pages' source code is displayed.

So it seems to be somehow related to the way the web server is handling
.html pages. Perhaps the server is spitting out non-NN friendly headers for
/html pages? Don't know, but I'm really hoping that we can fix it soon. Over
half of the visitor's to this client's site are using NN4.x! Last count was
55%!

Thx,

BH