[thelist] PCIE IFRAME problems

// kerin | airside.co.uk kerin at airside.co.uk
Fri Oct 12 09:40:53 CDT 2001

hi all,

I'm having some strange problems with PC IE and IFRAMEs.

At this page - http://www.pauloakenfold.com/rev_3/

In IE5, if I set the tables on the page within the IFRAME to be 100%,
I'd get both horizontal and vertical scrollbars when they werent really
needed. So, I changed the table width to an absolute value, to account
for the vertical scrollbar, and the horizontal ones disappear.

However, on IE6, regardless of the width of the IFRAME contents (300px
inside a 500px IFRAME for example), I get horizontal scrollbars.

Why is this? And how can I fix it? Is there some proprietary MS CSS to
turn off horizontal scrollbars? And why is it adding them in there
regardless of the page width anyway?

Thanks,

Kerin Cosford
Codemonkey