[thelist] Re: inline style vs. predefinded (dhtml)

Danny Goodman dannyg at dannyg.com
Mon Oct 15 10:32:16 CDT 2001

> Basic problem :
>
> I'm working on a (very simple) script that slides a layer. When i define my
> style inline, everything works fine, when i predefine my styles .... nothing
> works.

The style property of an element object reflects only the values assigned to
the STYLE attribute of the element. This is also how the W3C DOM specifies
the style property of an element.

IE5+ has a non-standard but convenient property of all elements called
currentStyle. This returns a read-only style object containing all
_effective_ style properties applied to that element.

Danny
http://www.dannyg.com