[thelist] How to split a long text file into separate files

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Mon Oct 15 18:10:50 CDT 2001

At 5:47 PM -0400 10/15/01, you wrote:

>I'm looking for a speedy way to chop the page up into individual files, so I
>don't have to spend a whole night copying, pasting, saving, and repeating.

If you have BBEdit, this might help you.

It's a BBEdit/AppleScript "trick" that could cut time for you.

http://www.macworld.com/2001/04/howto/bbedit.html

Of course, it would be a lot cooler to export the html from Excel and
run an Apple Script (or perl script for that matter - which might be
even better) that would split the file, add the appropriate markup,
clean up the Nasty html, and make new pages...I just can't do that
myself though!

Try searching the BBEdit Scripting list archive:

http://search.barebones.com/

bob

--
bob davis