[thelist] The future of XML

Tyme nopun at bellsouth.net
Tue Oct 16 14:39:01 CDT 2001

Well, since no one mentioned it, I will.
There are several/many webEditors out there that will convert your HTML
document to XHTML with the click of a button.  So, when you ultimately give
in from behind your cash register at Burger King :-)
these tools will make your new job (XHMTL) easier.

Plus, I'm sure that you could easily write some sort of custom macros that
would change the case of all of your tags so that you could continue to code
to your "style" without having to actually work with the lowercase version.
E.g.: Edit .htm file | Run lowercaseMacro | Upload file
        Run uppercaseMacro | Edit .htm file | Run lowercaseMacro | Upload

I'm sure that you get the idea.  (Actually, you could just use the webEditor
convert feature at this point.  If your code is written to XHTML standard,
the conversion should be changing the case only.)

BETTER STILL: Why not try XHTML on for size.  Do a little "Getting To Know
You, XHTML" website for fun.  Yes, that means lower case tags/attributes.
You never know, it might grow on you.

>From the ridiculous to the sublime,
Tyme